Kristianstad Golf Club in Åhus is environmentally certified with two high class 18-hole courses each with a different character offering a challenging and attractive golf experience for golfers of all categories.
Kristianstad Golf Club in Åhus has
- the country’s longest golf season
- a well-developed sporting activity with an emphasis on young people
- competent employees and dedicated members who ensure that guests and members are dealt with in a pleasant and friendly way
- a passionate interest in golf and a cherished tradition since the club was founded in 1924
KGK was founded in 1924 and the 9-hole course was operated on Rinkaby’s shooting range. In 1940 there were 38 members and the club then moved to Åhus, where the land was initially leased. In 1946 AB Kristianstads Golfbana (Kristianstad Golf Course Ltd.) was formed and in 1950 the land was purchased from the municipality. Interest in golf increased during the 1960s and in 1964 the club had 228 members.
- In 1969 the course was extended and became an 18-hole course. There were 343 members
- During the 1970s, the club increased its marketing efforts and the club’s financial position was stabilised
- In 1978 there were 815 members and 250 people were in the queue to become members
- In 1980 the 9-hole “forest course” was built
- 1981 was the first year the club had more than 1,000 members
- In 1992 the 18-hole course was redesigned
- In 1994 we had 1,700 members and approximately 500 were in the queue
- In the 1990s KGK had major sporting successes including a number of gold medal winners in the Swedish Championships for our ladies and 5 PGA European Tour players
- In 2000, course operations were corporatised
- In 2003 a decision was made to increase the number of active members to 1900. At year-end the golf course had 1,860 active members
- In September 2004, the course was extended to 36 holes, which was expected to be completed by the summer of 2006
- On 1 July 2006 18 new holes were opened in Åhus Västra. Our old course is now called Åhus Östra
- GEO-Environmentally Certified 2011
In 2015 the golf course was purchased by three owners (in one company), who subsequently initiated an extensive improvement of the fairways and other parts of the club’s infrastructure. At the same time, a development plan was presented showing that the facility will be improved over the coming years to include a new clubhouse, restaurant and a hotel etc.
Today there is room for new members.
Green fee guests and members are cordially invited!